As I mentioned in the BSA and Catholic Church child defense review, an intelligent sociopath stage psychopath may show no signs until a golden opportunity presents it’s self. Without genetic screening how do you protect yourself? Actually there are quite a few things you can do. They may require permanent life changes, but it’s well worth it. You won’t need to wait until society catches up to enjoy the benefits.
The key to happiness is a commitment to enlightenment. Once you know how to know yourself, then making the world a better place becomes the obvious goal. The key to both of these stages is knowing who to trust. If you know who to trust, everything else falls into place. It’s all about conserving energy for endeavors that first help yourself, and ultimately strengthen your ability to help others.
- Know yourself – You have emotions attached to every memory. You can’t (and shouldn’t) change them all, but if you know WHY you have that emotional reaction then you own it. If you can’t be surprised, you can’t be manipulated. Your emotions may be hurtful or damaging, and destructive, but are never inaccurate. That’s what you feel. Understand them all. Learn to counteract old destructive emotions, with positive ones that value you, your loved ones and your societies. If you understand the old emotions and add new positive emotions, the old ones become
far less dangerous or destructive. The conscience is a game of averages.
- Study psychopaths – Learn about how psychopaths act in narcissistic, ASPD and sociopath stages, and how intelligence and wealth accelerates the progression. Consider how someone who views all others as either their master or their slave would interact with the world. You can study many other animals for examples. Know what a golden opportunity is, not just in reality, but from different perspectives, points of view,and intelligence levels. Most importantly always remember that all people project what they want to see onto others. They will project superficiality onto you, and you compassion and empathy on them.
- Become a meta-psychopath – Intentionally hide your emotions and act like a psychopath under some conditions. This is very dangerous and not for everybody. Your conscience can quickly become overloaded with negative emotions, making you the monster you set out to fight. Once you understand how other people work, and completely know yourself (your emotions), you can put them aside for a larger purpose. Undercover police are a great example of how this might work. Avoid hierarchical psychopath cooperatives as they become police states and cults, and you may not be allowed to abandon your post when the needs of your conscience demands it. For hands on training you can join a society that is a psychopath cooperative. This is where psychopaths are allowed some psychopathic behavior in exchange for strict limits as to when and where they can act out. Typical examples might be black markets, counter-cultures, and activist collectives. Of course I am NOT endorsing any illegal activity here. For example the global heavy metal society may be one example of a completely legal, non-hierarchical counter-culture that is mildly psychopathic.
- Perform the questionnaire – Take the Hare attributes and Thomas Sheridan’s attributes and rate 6-10 people from 1-5 (not true to very true) for each attribute. You must make sure to include yourself, and at least one person you are sure is not a psychopath to create a baseline. If anyone has all the required attributes and many of the others, you have identified them.
- Play the dupe – If you truly know yourself then bragging, boasting and generally displaying your full prowess is not needed. Learn how to get people to underestimate you. You will know you are succeeding when you become the subject of cruel jokes and endless ribbing and brow beating. The psychopath will quickly assert themselves as them master and begin to order you about. Now you have found them.
- Set traps – Leave a variety of easy scores laying about. Leave a $100 as bookmark on a coffee table book. Leave your most powerful pain killer prescription bottle in the medicine cabinet in your bathroom with an exact number of placebo (probiodics work great) pills in it. Set your boss up to take credit for a project of yours at work. Send a flirty, loyal but unknown friend to chat with your boyfriend, and see if he takes the bait. If they take the bait no need to confront them. The goal was identification, mission accomplished.
- Examine their past – Don’t be afraid to ask tough questions about their past, not only of them but previous friends. It doesn’t need to be a job interview. Ask to see photo albums. Ask about old cars. Previous houses, towns. Psychopaths love to brag so make it about how great their things and awards were. This takes some time but this should yield research-able leads about their entire life. If not, the risk is too great to continue.
- Observe behavior
- They only have one mind (as opposed to our two) so they can’t stand to be called stupid.
- Psychopaths love all forms of prejudice. If they can get you to have an emotional reaction they can manipulate you.
- Psychopaths will say other non-coherent phrases and sentences, in an attempt to get you to have an emotional reaction they want.
- Listen to how they describe people. Do they classify people by their day to day choices and decisions or by what they do and who they answer to.
- Psychopaths compete but never cooperate. It’s always a battle for power even if the battle is an inch at a time.
- They love the power of suggestion. They will tell a target they are going to do something evil to them. Then they will distract them or say it was a mistake or joke. Later it turns out it was quite intentional when the evil thing actually happens. But now the target also feels responsible, and is less likely to retaliate.
Ending the madness
Once you know who to trust your following actions should be a fairly easy decision. It may be difficult to walk the path, but please persevere. Shun all psychopaths. Interact with them as minimally as possible.That way the next time they see a golden opportunity, you won’t be involved. If must interact with them be sure you have a trusted witness.
Unless you are comfortable and skilled as a meta-psychopath, you should not remain in a society with known psychopaths. Instead focus on local societies. Use the rules of the societies to rout them, or find/form societies that have not yet been infiltrated and controlled.
If you are financially involved with a psychopath, minimize interactions to business, record everything, and make a plan to exit the relationship as soon as possible.
One day I will expand and revise this list. Of course I am open to suggestions. I hope this helps.